Squirrels are typically small animals, ranging from the African pygmy squirrel, 7-10cm in length and weighing just 10g, to the 1.08m Laotian giant flying squirrel. 7 inches) and the alpine marmot, which weighs 5 to 8 kg (11 to 18 lbs). Squirrels typically have a slender body with a bushy tail and large eyes. In general, their fur is soft and silky, although much thicker in some species than others. The coat color of squirrels is very variable depending on the species and often even within them.
Squirrels can be a big nuisance in your yard and at home, especially if you have a bird feeder or garden. They eat birdseed, ruin vegetables, and sometimes even get trapped inside the house. Don't worry, however; you can find ways to deter these little critters from taking over your property.
Prevention tips and recommendations
- Examine your home for entry points.
- Set up a one-way door at the main entry point
- Place a cage outside the door to trap the squirrel
- Do not handle the squirrel with bare hands.
- Release the squirrel at a distance of 8 to 16.1 km
- If you need assistance, our team of experts will help you with this process.